Online eCommerce Firearms Website using WordPress
Are you considering opening a new online firearms eCommerce website? In total, North Texas Web Design has now built four online firearms websites over the past 18 months. While building firearms websites is not necessarily our specialty, we feel we’ve learned a lot about what owners are looking for when considering building an online firearms website.
Initial Firearms Websites
- The first three firearms websites we built used a 3rd party eCommerce shopping cart by NetSource called Candy Press.
- These websites were very robust and feature rich, but were also very expensive to build due to all the unique database customization that was required.
- The fact is that most small businesses cannot afford to build such a website – due solely on the cost of the project.
Our Latest Online Firearms Website
- Recently, we launched our first online firearms website using WordPress.
- The price of this project ended being a fraction of the cost of the three above websites, plus this new website includes a couple of new features we were unable to develop (due to cost) using Product Cart
- Just check out Just Shoot Safely at justshootsafely.com.
New FFL Lookup Feature
- When any online firearms dealer sells a handgun or rifle, they cannot just ship it directly to their customer, rather, they must ship it to another dealer who holds a Federal Firearms License, or FFL.
- With Just Shoot Safely, we developed a really neat feature that allows anyone purchasing such a firearm to pre-select the FFL dealer they want their new handgun or long gun shipped to.
- This feature uses a zip code feature that allows customers to look at all FFL holders within a certain range from their zip code.
- In building the inventory for Just Shoot Safely, we imported firearms from RSR Group and ammunition from Good To Go Ammunition.
- This greatly simplified the loading of products for our client, thus greatly reducing the expense to build this website.
- In addition to selling handguns, long guns and ammunition, Just Shoot Safely also specializes in Firearms Training, Firearms Appraisals as well as Silencers – something many websites don’t bother with.
- If you’re thinking about building your own online firearms website, you should consider WordPress – and you should also consider North Texas Web Design.
- If you do much investigating, you’ll find most web developers have NO knowledge of handguns, nor any of the requirements necessary to effectively build and implement an online firearms store – such as many of the largest credit card merchants will NOT accept credit card payments for handguns or ammunition, including Authorize.net and PayPal.
- North Texas Web Design has experience in building successful online firearms websites – contact us at 214-534-6830
Contact North Texas Web Design at 214-534-6830 for more information about opening your very own online firearms website.