Website owners who want successful websites must:
- Take responsibility for their website on a regular basis.
- Employ some form of sustained SEO program, AdWords or both.
- Since the first two items are typically not something most website owners do easily, establish a relationship with a trusted web design firm that can assist them in meeting their expectations.
In the opinion of Dallas Web Design, a dba of North Texas Web Design, you cannot simply launch a website, especially one where the website has a lot of local competition, and expect to ever be found on the Internet. If it ever worked this way, it certainly doesn’t anymore.
Websites compete with hundreds, possibly thousands, of other web based businesses. Those websites that are most successful do so by investing in some form of sustained Local SEO, Advanced SEO, Google AdWords or some combination of these.
Successful website owners understand the phenomenon that’s occurred with the Social Media in recent years, e.g., Facebook, Twitter, BLOGs, etc. Said differently, the value of the Social Media to website relevance has never been greater.
Too many website owners just expect their website to produce for them without appropriate attention to their site content and/or the html code used on their website as well as text changes that need to be made periodically due to evolution in web technology. In the opinion of Dallas Web Design, code must be continually updated to stay current with the latest expectations from Google and other Search Engines. The best example of this occurred when Google changed their algorithm in March, 2011. Websites that were on previously on page one can’t be found today. Other websites, once difficult to find, now are on page 1 or 2. One of the keys to successful websites today involves the “TRUST” factor … something new Google has added to their algorithm.
Dallas Web Design also believes that all successful websites today have an “Internet presence” on more than just their website, e.g., many website owners’ posts on their Social Media pages weekly if not daily. Doing so DRIVES business to their website.
Dallas Web Design takes a great deal of pride in striving to stay current with the latest W3C standards. Every new website we create is fully optimized for the web. But as noted above, this is not enough anymore. Successful websites employ one or more of the following:
- Routinely update the text on their websites to keep their website current.
- Routinely evaluate their website analytics to see which keyword phrases are working well and which ones are not working at all, then make appropriate changes.
- Weekly, if not daily, post to their own BLOG as well as Facebook and/or Twitter (a website owner who does not do this is at a HUGE disadvantage to all those sites who do employ this strategy).
- At least a couple of times each month, release “Press Releases” (a cute word for Internet Advertising) with relevant text about their business, specials they may have, products or services they offer, etc.
- In addition to Press Releases, highly successful websites also focus on Article Marketing and Forum Marketing at least monthly.
- At least monthly (probably with the help of a SEO firm) posts one-way links to appropriate websites and BLOGS.
- Lastly, working with a reputable SEO firm, employ a strategy where they focus on different keywords, either across large geographic area, or in the case of a local business, focus on keywords specific to radius of 5-25 miles from a business.
There are many, many more tactics used for successful SEO … the ones above represent just a few of the more important tactics from our perspective.
Regarding Search Engine Optimization, there are unfortunately lots and lots of fraudulent and/or deceptive SEO companies. These same firms charge unreasonable amounts, and often are abandoned by clients for their failure to deliver what they promise. Dallas Web Design strives to offer industry leading SEO services as affordable pricing.
If your website is not producing the results you want, please consider calling Dallas Web Design. We promise to be fair, present you with straightforward answers to your questions, and promise to work closely with you to elevate your website on the Internet.